Wednesday 31 March 2010

Laura Marling's Next Single Rambling Man

Laura Marling - Rambling Man Official Video

Laura Marling | MySpace Music Videos




Rambling Man is the next single from Laura Marling’s second album, I Speak Because I Can.  The album itself has received rave reviews being hailed as a step forward from her Mercury Prize nominated debut.  Marling’s songwriting has always been praised for its maturity but this album has been much panned as an album about ‘womanhood’. Rambling Man’s refrain mirrors this: “oh give me to a rambling man, let it always be known that I was who I am”  Marling’s phrasing at times reminds me of Joni Mitchell, no bad thing, and that subtly continues through out the album.  I highly recommend the album it’s well worth a listen especially if you’re into the Folk Revival, which Marling was key in bringing about, that’s come about recently!

You can find the album on Spotify here.



You can also find a spotify playlist filled with new folk artists like some mentioned in this post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like catnip.